Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Catching Up



Well it has been a little while since my last blog post so I just want to do a little catching up with you. Since my last post I graduated from Paul Mitchell Cosmetology School. Before I graduated I officially became a member of the Phase Two honors program. It was a huge accomplishment for me because only ten students can be a Phase Two member at one time. Then in order to become a member you have to try out. I have to say that I learned so much from my experience. 


 Two weeks after graduating I had the nerve wrecking experience of taking my state board exam to become a licensed cosmetologist. After testing all day and having a forty-five minute wait that went on for eternities I was able to walk out of the building head held high waving my license to show my husband who was nervously waiting for me in the parking lot.


Last month I was strolling through the land of Instagram when I noticed a post that a friend I had met at Paul Mitchell posted announcing that the salon she works at was looking to hire. Although I wasn't expecting to find a job for a little while, I decided to jump at the opportunity. I called and spoke with the manager who gave me an interview. After my first interview I was asked to come back for a second interview where I needed to bring in a model and perform an A-line hair cut. So I came back, did the haircut and went into the office with the owner to talk. She offered me a job on the spot.  With pleasure I took the job and I have been very happy working there. 


I am still working on building my clientele but I am enjoying all the clients I see as well as all the transformations I get the opportunity to be a part of.





 Now that some of the chaos has calmed down I will be writing more blog posts along with Youtube videos. I just need to set up my vanity and I can get to filming. I'm really excited to have more free time to post. This is something that I really enjoy and I want to make it a larger part of my life. So please feel free to leave any suggestions on blogs or videos you would like to see!

-Nicole xx

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, I am so happy for you! Congratulations on everything. I will definitely try and stop by your salon this summer - maybe for a gel manicure ;) Keep it up and I can't wait to read more of your blog posts in the future as well as your YouTube videos.

    ReplyDelete